Friday, January 22, 2010

Mi casa es su casa- extravagant base for a sand box

It's cold, wet, and dreary here- a stark departure from the sunny 60 degree weather of earlier this week. Sigh, such is the weather. I'm really nearing the end of my patience with winter- time for spring already! Thinking about warmer weather made me remember the sweat pouring down my forehead as I put in a patio last summer. Only this wasn't really supposed to ever be a patio because laying a true patio would mean measuring, leveling, and hauling lots of dirt around- and I wasn't about to take on that size of project. Instead I thought, wouldn't it be nice to lay some pavers down so we could put a sandbox and swimming pool in the backyard without killing all the grass that lies beneath. And so began the project. What was first a small landing of pavers at the bottom of the stairs (purely for decoration) became a large, extravagant base for play equipment. I lost count but I know that we put down at least 400 pavers! I just hope that when we are selling our house someone comes along and thinks just like me, and appreciates having such a fancy pad for their plastic swimming pool.

The initial paver landing (and Daisie)
Expanding the landing to accomodate the pool and sand box

The finished product

No comments:

Post a Comment