Sunday, January 17, 2010

Adventures in cooking- chipotle honey lime vinaigrette

Had to share the recipe for some delicious dressing I just made. If you have never made your own dressing before, well then you are in for a treat and you will probably never want store-bought dressing again! Dressing is really easy to make at home and there are so many endless possibilities to make. Lately I've totally been hooked on this tahini dressing (http://www.theppk.com/recipes/dbrecipes/index.php?RecipeID=95) but tonight I was in the mood for something a bit more spicy. I made this dressing in hopes of recreating the chipotle honey lime dressing that they serve at Chipotle. I crave that dressing so I thought instead of spending $6 for a salad (just to relish in the dressing), why not make it at home. So I gave it a try and it turned out really well. All measurements are really just guesses because I didn't measure anything.

Chipotle lime honey vinaigrette
2 chipotle peppers (you can get these in a can usually with adobe sauce)
1 lime
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup oil of some sort (I used vegetable, I just wouldn't recommend olive oil)
2 Tbsp. honey (?- I am really not sure how much I used but adjust to your preferred sweetness)
some salt

Place the chipotle peppers, juice from one lime, vinegar, honey, and salt in a food processor. Pulse until peppers are all mixed up. Slowly pour the oil into the food processor while it is still running until you have a creamy bowl of goodness. Make yourself a salad with some avocado, black beans, pumpkin seeds, and some queso fresco if you're lucky enough to have some in the house and top with the dressing. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment