Monday, February 22, 2010

And on that farm he had a shark


Do you know what two year old's really love? Animals. Any sort, any shape as long as they know how to say the name of the animal and the sound that it makes. It's times like these that I wish I could send Conner and Lizzie to the farm for just one day so that they could really see what lives on Old MacDonald's land. Because the other day when we were singing "Old MacDonald had a Farm", Conner said that a shark lived on his farm! Hmmm, maybe, I mean there is a quite a market for shark meat out there.

Anyways, we took advantage of the lovely weather on Sunday afternoon to take a trip to Tanglewood park. As soon as we saw the horses out enjoying the warm sun we decided to take a quick detour and let the kids communicate with the horses through their ever improving "neigh" noises. As suspected, they loved the horses which means I am in trouble. You see, I am afraid of horses. Something about being able to see how large and muscular they are has kept me at a distance from these majestic animals. Never rode a horse, never really ever touched a horse (at least that I can remember). I tried to be all brave and show the kids how to pet the nose of the horse, but as soon as the horse opened its nostrils up when my hand came up to its nose, I jumped back and totally lost all bravery cred with my kids. So I don't think I'll be the one taking them on their first horseback ride- but we will take any volunteers for that job.

Seriously, how can I can be afraid of a face this gentle?

3 comments:

  1. A few things:

    1. Blue is Lizzie's color
    2. Factory farming of sharks is serious problem and nothing to giggle about.
    3. What the hell - you're afraid of horses? You HAVE ridden one - we rode them once at Paulette's. I remember because my ass and thighs hurt for days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I never rode a horse at Paulette's. Just you rode one. And knowing that your ass and thighs hurt from riding them is another reason for me to stay away. I'll pass along the message about factory farming of sharks to Conner so he won't make the mistake of saying they are on Old MacDonald's farm again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be more than happy to take them on thier first horseback ride. They can join Mattie since she is obsessed!

    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete