Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Mother's Day 2010 is really shaping up to be the best Mother's Day I have experienced as a mom yet. Yeah, I know it's only my third one, but this one just seems different. My first Mother's Day is a huge blur, due to the preceding two months of little to no sleep. Last year was nice, we had a picnic in the park and Conner and Lizzie got me a massage. This year I have actually been dreading this weekend for the past week. You see Chris is on-call all weekend, which in my mind meant that I had two whole days with two toddlers who are prone to tantrums and very strong opinions. Just the thought of it made me think this wasn't going to be that great of a Mother's Day. But I have to say, I was totally wrong. First, Chris earlier this week told me he wanted me to go to Anthropologie on Sunday (score!). Then, over the past 24 hours, the kids seem to have been on their best behavior. Lizzie has even been going to the bathroom on the potty for me! Yesterday they both picked the flowers from the clover in the backyard and brought the flowers to me as a gift. On Friday when I stepped into the classroom at school, they both ran up to me and proudly presented the gifts they had made for me in school. And then, when walking to the car Lizzie kept saying, "Mama, I love you." Oh.my.gosh. All the sleepless nights and changing of dirty diapers were forgotten at that moment. And while Conner hasn't been verbally expressing his love for me, he has been very willing to give me kisses and hugs all weekend. So thank you Conner and Elizabeth- for the kisses, hugs, laughs, and love.

And of course, a big kiss and hug to my mom! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment